Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Turning Our Words Back on Us!



     Sometimes kids come up with little pearls that can be both true and extremely humorous.  My wife has been studying nursing which is a rigorous program with basic requirements that are being raised almost every semester, probably due to a glut in the profession right now.  A passing grade right now is an 80%.  For someone who wants and has had a 3.7 average through her prerequisites, getting a B is now a struggle, so we hear quite a bit at home about her struggles.  The other day my sons' grades at school when we noticed a significant drop in my younger son's grades due to negligence in regards to his homework.  On the other hand, my older son had noticeably improved his grades.  My wife, in an attempt to encourage our younger son, said,  "Everett, you can do so much better.  You need to get your grades up like Matthew has his." Matthew very seriously joined in and said, "Yes, and Mommy, you should too." My wife and I looked at each other and could not help it.  We both burst into laughter, enjoying the moment.  Had he not been so serious when he said that, it would not have been so funny.  Sometimes our children can turn our words against us without really meaning to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...