Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Making New Friends



     When we went out to Indiana last week, my boys were at a loss as to what to do with themselves at first; however, they soon became fast friends with my to sisters-in-law's neighbor's boys.   Since they knew the boys and their parents, we felt secure in our boys getting together with them.They started with a little game of baseball during which time they were very tentative at first.  By the end of the game they were already close, commenting on all the things they had in common.  After I had met and chatted at length with both parents, I felt secure enough to allow our boys to sleep out in a tent at their house that night.  It helped that we were able to connect through a mutual interest in home schooling.  As it turned out, the boys never did sleep outside but went inside after an hour.  By the time we left for Ohio, the boys had exchanged addresses with a promise to write each other.
     Upon arriving in Ohio, I discovered that my good friend from my college days with whom we were staying was going to babysit his son's four children.  Again, it did not take long before my boys were having a hilarious time with his grandchildren.  It was really nice observing the boys interacting so well with their latest friends.  They were truly disappointed when we had to leave.  Having made these new friends, my boys were able to feel really at home in both Indiana and Ohio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...