Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sitting by the Fire





          Sitting by the fire warming myself on the coldest evening of the fall of 2013, I reminisce on  the enjoyment of what was probably the hottest week this last summer.  Summer of 2013 was a time of growth and fun for my two boys.  During probably the hottest week of the summer, they were fortunate enough to be able to attend a soccer camp, which they thoroughly enjoyed.  I was a little concerned about whether my younger son would have the stamina to get through full day sessions for a week, but he really handled it well.  Every day they awoke looking forward to going to soccer camp.  By the end of the day, they were truly exhausted, but both boys took great satisfaction from their time in camp and learned a lot in addition to forming close friendships.  I observed them making great strides in the development of their skills which I hope to see applied next season when they play in a league.  This was a small beginning of what was to be a fantastic summer adventure for them.  Though the warm days of summer were nice, I am enjoying the cool, brisk days of fall, especially when I can get warm by the fireplace at home while reflecting back upon the warm days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...