Friday, November 22, 2013

A Giving Heart


     Sometimes our children surprise us by taking initiative to do something we would not consider.  A week ago in our home school sessions, we finished an online series of videos entitled Lost in India.  My sons donated some money to assist in spreading the gospel to India and received a cardboard backpack bank and a poster with a large map of India.  This week after bringing my boys home from a field trip to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., I was inside resting before going outside to split wood.   While I was inside the house, the boys had carried an old card table out front, taped the poster to it and placed their cardboard bank on the table with a handwritten sign saying "for the poor people in India." Suddenly, my elder son rushed into the house, exclaiming, "Daddy, I earned a lot of money to send to the poor people in India.!"  Curious, I queried how he had come up with this money.  Proudly, he told me he had put up a table out front with a sign for the poor people in India and that people came and put money in their bank. Had they asked my permission, I am sure I would have denied  it; however, there was not much I could do at that point except to assist them in their plan to add more to their total to give to the effort in India. I realized later that this is exactly what the Lord would have them do.  Their heart for the less fortunate was an excellent example.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...