Sunday, May 5, 2013

Answered Prayer!


     For the past eighteen months, we have been living with bated breath as a huge old maple tree that dominated back lawn slowly split down the middle of the trunk.  With one half of the tree hanging over our home, held our breath every time we had storms with high winds. After I had checked with friends and neighbors on the cost of removing a similar size tree, I determined that I did not have the resources to have the tree cut down.  Every time a storm with high winds approached, we prayed for the Lord's protection; then finally I got smart and prayed that the Lord would provide someone to take down the tree for the resources I had available.  About a week later, I saw a couple of men doing some tree trimming on a property behind mine.  I was finally able to have the tree removed for a very reasonable price.  Our home is safe!
     However, while my wife and I are happy to see the tree gone because of the danger it represented, my elder son has on numerous occasions indicated his sadness at not having the tree there anymore.  I must admit I really liked the shade the tree provided and the beauty of the tree itself, but I am grateful we were able to take the tree down before it caused major damage to the house.  One plus is that we now have a huge woodpile to burn in our fireplace during the winter months.  It will also provide some great exercise splitting firewood this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...