Sunday, October 28, 2012

Treasures of Nature





     Since starting to home school my boys, I have seen a dramatic uptick in interest in nature.  While hiking in the mountains recently, my eldest reveled in the wonders of nature as he discovered them.  In the first photo, he was fascinated by water burbling from a pipe coming from a nearby mountain spring.  Later he discovered colorful fungi along the trail/  Eventually he discovered where an animal had made its home in a tree, and finally he had to know what that whitish green stuff was on a fallen tree.  I explained that it was lichens, a combination of moss and algae.  I am so happy to see him taking an interest in so many things that we frequently overlook or take for granted.  For more scenic photos, visit Scenic Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...