Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Week of School




     Approaching the first week of school with some apprehension, I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly everything went.  My biggest fear, worrying that I would find it too difficult to bring the material down to the level of my boys since I had never taught lower than the fifth grade with the majority of my years spent in grades seven through twelve.  However, we had a really great week.  Near the end of the second day, my eldest son put his arms around my neck and thanked me for thinking of homeschooling.  While missing his friends from last year, he is clearly enjoying and benefiting from the one on one attention.  My youngest is also enjoying his time there.  Not infrequently, he has been able to answer questions in both our history and science classes.  He is working hard right now on his handwriting.
      On Friday we had to work late in the afternoon on our science because I had to break up our day to pick my wife up at her college.  That did not matter to our boys;  They were really involved with our experiments with magnets.  Above they can be seen doing calisthenics in the classroom to help work on coordination and to break up their studies.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...