Sunday, August 19, 2012

On Lake Superior



     One of my favorite places to visit is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Taking a boat tour of Lake Superior avails one a large number of photographic opportunities.  I love the scenery passing along the edge of the lake.  Picture Rocks present a vivid display of color as a lowering sun reflects off the rocks.  With a little imagination, all kinds of shapes can be seen by the passing observer.  The small lighthouse intrigued me as we passed by, and I just had to get a picture of it.  I am fascinated by the wilderness on the Upper Peninsula.  An area that at times seems so forbidding has a strong attraction for meo camp there., and I cannot wait to return someday  to camp there.  Visit Scenic Sunday for other great photos.

4 comments:

  1. Those photos are really wonderful, I like those caves in the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a part of the country I've never seen and your photos really make me want to visit. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing place. I love those caves too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...