Saturday, June 16, 2012

Where the Boys Play


     Living in a small community just outside the Washington, D.C. line, we have very little room for the boys to roam and really enjoy the open spaces.  This weekend we visited my sister-in-law and her husband in Fredrick, Maryland, and I really had an opportunity to enjoy some great moments with my boys.  With a long lane that has a gradual slope and a large parking lot, the boys had a great place to ride bike.  Then my older son discovered a few frisbees, and we spent a great deal of time throwing frisbees back and forth.  At seven years of age, he can toss a frisbee extremely well while I am inaccurate and sometimes rather poor mechanically with my tosses.  Despite my inefficiency, he had great fun running my errant throws to ground before they came to a complete halt.  He would go sliding through the grass and come up with the frisbee doing a little dance and shaking his fist victoriously when he got to the frisbee before it stopped.  After a period of time doing this, he came up to me and graciously said, "Dad, you can take a little rest now.  We can come back later and play more together."  Later that evening while watching a family movie together, he came over to me and snuggled up to my side for the entire movie.  What a great way to spend a weekend with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...