Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Double Blessing!


     Having two little boys has been such a blessing for me.  I thank the Lord daily for bestowing them upon my wife and  me.  I wake up in the morning to get ready for work, and very shortly one of the two will join me as I am getting dressed.  Immediately questions fly as to where I am going.  "Daddy, are you going to paint today?  Daddy, where are you going to paint?"  Of course, the next question is, "Can I come and watch you paint?"  The disappointment on their faces is painful to see when I answer in the negative.  Explaining that they would become very bored just sitting and watching me paint does little to alleviate their distress.
      However, when I come home at the end of the day, I get the most enthusiastic reception imaginable.  They almost run over one another trying to be the first to get to me.  Pretty soon I have one clutching my leg while the other is climbing up to my shoulders where he perches like a king on his throne.  During the school year, when I would pick them up to go home at the end of the day, the elder would go to the playground to pick up the younger.  Pretty soon I would see two little guys flying towards me at full speed.  I almost had to hold my breath while waiting for them, fearing one or the other might trip and fall as he sped towards me.  At the last moment, one or the other would launch himself in a flying leap into my arms, giving me a big hug and a kiss.  Moments like these provide me with memories I will treasure for the rest of my life whether it be one year or twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...