Monday, November 28, 2011

Discovering Chile



      A few years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to Sri Lanka. While visiting Sri Lanka, I had such a wonderful time.  I was struck by the contrast between the Sri Lanka people and American people.  Although they had very little, these people were happy.  The food there was so different, very spicy but extremely tasty.  Having taught geography for a while, I was very interested in other cultures.  Sri Lanka, a land rich in culture, provided me with so many new experiences that I could not begin to describe them all.  Since that time, I have been bitten by the "travel bug."   Whenever I see opportunities to travel abroad, the urge to begin a new journey becomes an obsession.

     Not long ago I stumbled upon Chile tours that looked really interesting.  A tourist can visit areas not often toured and can discover the beauty and personality of this great land.  To enjoy a great cruise, one need only board a ferry and visit one of several port cities of Chile.  Along the route, one may see whales, dolphins and sea birds of many types.  A courteous crew will ensure that your trip is pleasant and eventful, providing many activities to fill down time.  After disembarking from the ferry, one may wish to continue his tour by car to  explore the interior of Chile and get to know the Chilean people better.  Car rentals are available to allow one to tour at his own pace and view all he wishes to see. This land with its mysterious, forbidding mountains and interesting fauna and flowers beckons the adventurous in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...