Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

First came the earthquake and now the hurricane!  What a wild week this has been!  Sitting in my second floor classroom at my desk, I suddenly felt this vibration in the floor which seemed to be growing stronger.  At first I thought it was just construction on the new library building, but then I realized it could not be that.  As the vibrations grew and a rumbling occurred, I realized that this was really an earthquake.  The next thing I knew everything started to shake.  I ran to the doorway, stopped for a moment and then proceeded to the staircase.  By that time the shaking had ceased.  I descended to the first floor where I checked in on my wife in the nursery to find out if she was okay.  She was shaken up as were we all but unhurt.

Finally, today we have been hit by Hurricane Irene.  While I have experienced hurricanes of greater magnitude when living in Florida, a hurricane is never a fun experience.  It has rained all day leaving us with close to three inches of rain, and the eye of the hurricane is not due to pass our vicinity for another six hours.  Wind gusts have only been up to fifty mph, but they expect those to strengthen overnight.  On top of all of this happening, my car has developed a serious malady and needs some serious work.  I have a feeling that I am going to have to have the head gasket replaced which runs into big money. On the other hand, I do realize that I serve a God who is big enough to provide all our needs. Even though it seems that "it never rains but what it pours,"
I can still trust Him to get us through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...