Sunday, May 3, 2009

Skywatch Friday 9



This sequence of photos was on the same night at virtually the same time showing a beautiful full moon. The verse comes to mind--- and I am giving a rough paraphrase---"now we see through a glass darkly and do not know what we shall be, but when He returns, then we shall see Him as He is and be like Him." This series of photos seemed so illustrative of that verse from I John. The first photo in this sequence was taken from inside the car after which I got out and took the others without the glass between and what a huge difference in photos! For more beautiful photos of the sky go to Skywatch Friday.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous moon shots! Really breathtaking! Thanks for sharing! Happy SWF and have a great weekend! And thanks for stopping by and for your comments, always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, beautiful full moon. Great shot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful... I love the imagery in this Bible verse... the poetry is perfect...
    How wonderfully we can see Him in nature!
    Thank you for the quiet meditation this evening ~ The photos are just beautiful! ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful all around moon pictures,verse and the way you tied them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eloquent shots, eloquent thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree! It's like looking a solar eclipse in the shade of night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You left a comment on my blog saying your moon paled in comparison and I heartily would disagree! In fact, paired with the verse I would argue yours are exceedingly better.

    I read a bit about your life and family, and surely you have been blessed twice with a second family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous MOON shots!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos of the moon. I've got to get myself some better photo equipment. When I try to "shoot the moon" I get just a tiny while circle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely! i love moon photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...